RE: Re: !>>Note to Wright>>Note to R. Park

Dave wrote to me:

>On 08/24/97 at 06:48 p, huntley@ix.netcom.com (Wright Huntley )
>said:
>
>> pupfish of the genera Floridae and Cyprinodon
>
>Jeez, you mean Jordenella floridae (or whatever it is called this
>week) is good with algae?  Actually, that is species, not genus.  Am
>I confused or what???

Ooooops! I meant Jordanella. Since it has been, for most of history, a
monospecies genus, it made little real difference. I think some
"lumpers" just shoved pulchra (formerly Garmanella) in there, too.
Utterly ridiculous, taxonomically, IMO.

>I actually saw J f for sale in an aquarium store a few months ago.
>I shoulda bought them.

I've seen them take nice semicircular bites out of big tough
swordplants, too, so you take your chances with any *real* veggie
eater. Algae eaters just might be plant eaters, too.

Stick to Apistos. :^)

Wright

- --

Wright Huntley (510) 494-8679 Fremont, CA USA huntley@ix.netcom.com