> Ed,
> Contact Randy Carey via this list.
> He had a spawn of these fish.
> They are true maculatus.
> http://www.spacestar.net/users/carey/fishroom/
> carey@spacestar.net
> +MAA-

Thanks Phillip.

I got my wild-caught maculatus from Oliver, one of the authors of that
TFH article. I discuss my current situation on my web page (go to
"fishlist" page then click on "announcements"). In short, I recognized
about four spawns with my first colony, but the females always ate the
eggs. Then I found my only male (of ten fish) had jumped. I picked up
six more adults from a friend who also imported from Oliver. He had 1
male and 5 females and got a few viable spawns. He sold all of his
forty-some fry at the ACA and I bought his adults. Recently, I spotted
another spawn, but again the eggs were eaten. I will pull the eggs next
time I see some. I use my web site to announce fish that will be for
sale, so if you are interested, check my site every so often.

- --Randy Carey (see URL above)