this Apisto list

William Vannerson wrote:

> Wright's grin is because the killies list is not quite like the
> Apisto list, or any other list for that matter. There is a high
> noise to signal ratio with frequent and lengthy flame threads
> by some very belligerent individuals, although *flames*
> doesn't accurately describe the nature of these threads very
> well. I, myself, have become embroiled in long, non-killifish
> sidebars.
>
> In between there is great killie information from some very
> knowledgeable and dedicated killie keepers, although the
> list has lost several key people lately in response to political
> issue involving the list manager and the AKA web master.

Unfortunately this list has seen much the same (noise, flames,
off-the-subject topics) in the past few days. I had thought about
unsubscribing, but for the time being I will wait it out.

I "moderate" my aquarium society's e'mail list. I enforced a guideline
to determine if a message should be broadcasted: It must benefit club
members (either the person sending, or the fifty-some receiving), and
any person-to-person dialog is not publically broadcasted.

- --Randy Carey