Help Identifying Apisto

Hi...I wonder if anyone can help, I was given 5 Apistogrammas by my local
store keeper, main reason being they were not on his order list and they
are 3/4 starved. The main problem is we think they are A. Taeniata, the
only photo in the Aqualog that's close, but the photos in the Aqualog don't
show a black circular dot, which appears to be a fright/eye spot, in the
center
of the body. To all A. taeniatus keepers past and present, the question is
does this spot exist on the fish.

Other distinguishing marks, light blue ventral fins, yellowish dorsal &
anal fins, blue(ish)/green gill plates and depending upon the light either
a yellow or gray tint to the body, large black spot at the start of the
tail, as for body & tail shape in their present condition it's difficult to
tell (very thin and hollow bellied) as they seem to have all had their
tails well chewed. There is a possibility of lateral stripping of the tail
and they may be quite elongated

Many thanks

Stuart