Re: Any UK Apisto keepers listening?

Hi Ken

I get most of my Dutch fish from my local store, even then I have to put a
specific order in for them and they don't always arrive. Sometimes other
people place orders for fish that interest me (Dwarf Cichlids) and I manage
to pick up replacements, it's a bit hit and miss but I still get fish that
are generally unavailable in the UK.

On this delivery I managed to get;

2pr Apisto Viejita II   £12.00pr (Beautiful fish)
4 Apisto Hoignei  £6.00 each (to small to sex)
5 Unknown Apistos possibly A. Taeniatus   FREE
1pr Nanacara Aureochepalus  FREE
1pr Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (Dehane)   £14.00pr  (Replacement for Calabar)
1pr Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (Nigerian Red)     £14.00pr
1pr Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (Nigerian yellow)  £14.00pr  (Replacement for
Kienki)

Unfortunately he wont do mail order, (once bitten twice shy, being his
response), so if you want them it's a case of traveling to Hull, (A1-M62
east).

The rest of my fish have come from Fish club shows/auctions/Trade stands
around the country.

As for telling the difference between sp. "Opal"  and Borelli, believe me
when you see them side by side you can tell the difference, the "Opal" male
outshines the Borelli by a factor of 10. If your interested in them, you'll
have to visit my local store soon as he got 25 of them at £3.50 each he's
also got some, not many, of the species I got, but they sell quick!. If you
want I can send you details of the shop.

I've seen photos of both fish (nijsseni & sp pandurini ) and they look
similar, all I know is if I see them anywhere I'll be buying them.

Stuart

PS Are you back in the UK or still in Hawaii