Re: Gender of Apistogramma -Reply

By gender, I assume you are referring to the gender of the
scientific names used.

My follow up question is this:

What difference does it make?  I understand that it's
important in order to remain consistent with naming species.
But is there a methodology or reason for choosing one way or
the other?  Or could someone flip a coin to decide (a three
sided coin? <g>) as long as everybody from that point on
adopted the winning gender for future names?

Thanks in advance to whomever decides to explain this to
me. :-)

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL USA
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/William_Vannerson