Diff. between pertensis and meinkeni-females

Hi all

I had the fortune (some might say unfortune) to get
both Ap. pertensis and Ap. meinkeni-males when I bought
two pairs of a pertensis-like species from the importer.
The only female died immediately after transport so I
don't know which species she was. It also took me quite
some time to realize that the two smaller males I had
weren't pertensis but meinkeni instead. I have been
promised to pick out my own females (for both species)
from the importer.

So my question is, having seen very few good photos of
females of both these species, if any of you guys know
something that can help, a certain difference (caudal
spot, lateral band, dorsal fin, markings on gill or
abdomen, anything?) between the females even if both
aren't at hand (the importer may only have one of the
two species).

TIA

Fredrik Ljungberg

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se, Linkoping, Sweden
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63