Re: Newbie Questions

<< >.Do I lose the plastic plants because they are tacky or do they have some
> affect on my water quality?  They are a brand new addition.  I do have some
> nice floating water sprite, rooted cabomba and amazon sword. >>

Lose them because they are tacky.  The Water Sprite is a great plant for
surface cover, and the cabomba and swords are easy to maintain.  The water
sprite can be planted and will grow into a truly grand looking plant in a
relatively short time.

As for the water softening pillow, I've never tried them.  I recommend
Mardel's "Tank Soft" until you get involved enough to justify the cost of a
DI or RO unit.  It is also considerably cheaper than the pillow thing.

Bob