Way mad dad?!?!?

Today was my day off. I figured, great, I can see the my Apisto cactuoides
spawn. They had been chasing each other for a few days and the female
was rather plump. Well I missed the spawn, but I see loads of eggs and my
proven female fanning them. Then I see her chase off the big bad dad. I
have 2 other males in the tank, but they are much younger and much
smaller then the 2 1/2 inch 'King of the tank'. Out of nowhere he
is biting her around her anus. I mean he had between his jaw. And this
happens several times. Suddenly I noticed the eggs are being guarded by
one of the small males. First I thought he was eating them, but he was
checking them, fanning and what not. The mom comes back and starts fanning
with him. Since I missed the spawn I dunno who the dad is. But the 'King
of the tank' is PISSED! After I placed a divider in the tank he was
at the glass flaring his gills and fins like bonkers. Reminded me
of a prison movie, and when he gets out he was saying 'You're dead babe!'
Whats up with that??? I've only breed my Apistos 4 times successfully.
My first was with this same female, but  a different male. The other 3
times have been with the other female and 2 different males, 2 of these
have been spawned by the 'king of the tank' that has gone off the deep
end.
	Sorry to be winded but oh well. Just thought I would see if anyone
could tell me what is happening. The mom is pretty beat up, especially
from the 'butt bites' she is taking. Thanks for any help!

I'd hate to lose these fish. They actually have bought me a pine tank
stand, and a dual bulb 36" light. Not onlky are they fun but they also
help out the college kid budget I have.

Mike