Re: Re: Bad mom!

In a message dated 97-11-21 05:36:04 EST, George wrote:

<< I`m having a similar problem with my Apistogramma cacatuoides (Triple
 reds). Breeding them in a 15 gallon tank. Female does take care of the
 fry`s, till she spawn again. Then most of the fry`s disappear.  Guess
 she eats them. This happen to me twice.

That is normal behavior.  When the female is ready to spawn again, her
maternal instincts turn from the last bacth to the next one.  IMHO, in the
wild, the fry generally manage to drift off and get eaten or just drift off
and find new places to hide on their own before the female is gravid again.

Bob