Re: live food for fry

<< Hi all,
>        just one question for today:
> Is there a way to grow apisto's fry without giving BBS twice a day?
> I cannot  feed the fry every day so I was thinking if there is some kind
> of live food wich will live well in a planted aquarium and will fit the
> needs of the little fry.
> What do they eat in nature can we give the same things to them?
>
> Thanks
> Bye
> Simone Vicini (psvicini@mdnet.it)

You could try establishing a daphnia culture in your fry tanks, or dropping
some in when you can.  There are also fresh water versions of brine shrimp,
in English known as fairy shrimp.  On the live plants list, I saw this week
that someone in Spain reported 10 species of brachiopods, similar to brine
shrimp.  You could probably locate some of these in Italy and culture them in
the tank with the fry.  There are zillions of small critters that fall under
the general name of "Rotifers".  Sometimes I see ads in magazines for starter
cultures of these rotifers.  I suspect these are what most fry eat in the
wild.

Good luck,
Bob