Re: repeat offenders of domestic violence?!?!?

At 04:57 PM 12/9/97 -0800, you wrote:
>At 06:52 PM 12/9/97 -0600, Michael W McGrath wrote:
>>I lost a female Apisto Cacatuoides today. She was pretty messed
>>up. Course I do not know if this happened before, or after
>>she died. But the male in the tank with her has already smacked
>>another female around about a month ago. At that time he had her
>>by the stomach about halfway down his throat. So once a beater always
>>a beater?? It's a 30 g tank, loaded with plants and hiding spots.
>>Any ideas?
>
>Find a new male. Don't use him again. He's got a severe attitude problem and
>it is best to find another male with a better disposition. IMO.
>
>Kaycy

I completely agree, I've had males that no matter how many times I
rearrange the tank decorations they still beat the females, get a new male
if possible, or put him in a larger tank, that might work.  More dither
fish might also help, or with cacatuoides more females (3-4) might help
spread his attention out.
STEEV