Re: Borelli spawn ; Micro worms

Leo Reinhard wrote:

> Borelli spawn
>
> This is day 6 of the spawn. As of yesterday the female is no longer hanging
> out in the spawning cave and in fact she seems to wander around the tank.
> There are 2 other caves in the tank as well as a large clump of Java
> moss.The tank is at 81 degrees.
> Which of the following scenarios do you think is most probable:
> a)      She has moved the fry or they have migrated to another spot.
> b)      She ate the spawn.
> c)      The temp was too high and caused the death of the fry.
> d)      Some other possibility.
>
> Micro worms
>
> I started a micro worm culture 3 days ago using mixed baby cereal as a
> medium. There can be seen a shimmering movement on the surface when viewed
> from a certain angle.The mixture has a slight odour which was not there the
> first day.
> How do you harvest the worms with out getting some of the cereal? When will
> the culture be ready for harvest.

Culturing Micro worms is very easy, take a q-tip and scrape the sides of
the container with out touching the cerel, Now swish this into the tank.
If you want to be sure you dont get to much cerel into the tank swish
them into a small jar first to help rinse them off a bit. You need more
info foloow the link in my signature text to my web page on Micro Worms
- --
Brad Hudson
Mississauga Ontario Canada
bsh@wwonline.com