New to list...lotsa Q's...

Hi,

I'm very new to this list, and have a few (maybe more than a few)
questions about Dwarf Cichlids:

I know nothing about Dwarf Cichlids, other than that they are very
pretty, and I'm wondering if they any species would work well in a 10
gallon aquarium that I'm planning on setting up. My limitations are that
the tank is only ten gallons, and that I can only provide 15W of
fluorescent lighting. Can I work dwarf cichlids into this setup?

If so, what are the requirements of dwarf cichlids? I understand they
need peat filtering. Where do I find the peat for this? Do I use peat
moss or peat? I've tried putting some boiled portions of Hagen Peat
Plates I had lying around, into my Aquaclear Mini, and as they color of
the water didn't change to the diluted tea color I expected, I'm
assuming I did something wrong.

Also, what be an adequate filter? I've used Aquaclear Minis in the past
and liked them.

How many of which sexes of which species (whew!) can I keep in the above
mentioned setup? Also, what (if any) would make suitable tankmates?

Finally, what do they eat?

I would greatly appreciate any and all info regarding Dwarf Cichlids. I
only hope the amount of questions I ask aren't terribly overwhelming.
Thanks in advance!

- --
Jesse Mathies
Surrey, British Columbia