Re: Baensch Books: 1,2,3,4,5

Ken Laidlaw wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good news about the Baensch books.
> Can someone tell me what book 3 is like for coverage of
> dwarfs and killies, I have 1&2 which I think are excellent.
>
> TIA,
> Ken.

I'm not all that knowledgable about killies.

For Apistos, the following species appear in Book 3:
borelli, cruzi, inconspicua, linkei, luelingi, resticulosa, staecki.

While I'm at it, I'll list the Apistos in Book 5:
cf. agassizii "Tefe", cruzi (new photo/text), diplotaenia, elizabethae,
geissleri, gephyra, gibbiceps, gossei, hoignei, guttata, hoignei, hongsloi,
juruensis, luelingi, meinkeni, sp. "Tiquie 1", mendezi, moae, ortmanni,
paucissquamis, sp. cf. pertensis, piauensis, rupununi, sp. "Tucurui", uaupesi,
urteagai, sp. "Breitbinden", sp. "Gabelband", sp. "Gelbwangen", sp.
Vierstreifen", sp "Pandurini".  (I guess I was off with my count.  That's 31
Apistos!)

Plus book 5 has additional comparative photos of linkei, inconspicua, macmasteri,
& regani.

- --Randy