Re: White Silica Sand

Hello Leo,

I have to agree that the apistos. that I have dealt with get leery over a
really light substrate.  If you
are trying to breed your guys I would eliminate this variable and go with a
dark substrate.

On a different note, light coloured substrates tend to wash out the colour
of many fish.
Given the way any given cichlid's colour changes according to mood, health,
substrate, etc.
I would avoid light coloured substrates if only for the aesthetics.

Andy
samaroo@aracnet.net