Re: apisto life spans (D. filamentosus)

Howdy,

>   light of the short life spans previously posted in this thread I
>   started to worry that the fish that I have had for 11 months, and who
>   were presumably older than I thought according to L & S, had just
>   about had their run at life after I had patiently waited for them to
>   mature !!

Nah, I had a group of 5 D. filementosus for over 3 years the last one...
a female is still alive, so she'll likely surpass 4.  While they did not
spawn in my tank (I didn't provide adequate conditions), they did live
a long time.

Side comment, not at anyone in particular, I think sometimes we tend to
think these apistos live shorter than what they do so we don't feel bad
when they die.

				Cheers,
				Matthew