Re: Snails

Most snails will clean the algae, and larger ones work better, but they all
will eat eggs as well as algae.  And if you have plants, only pond snails,
turbo or "corkscrew" snails, and Venezualan Ramshorns will leave your plants
alone.  And based on my experience, the turbos and ponds snails will
overpopulate the to the point of crashing the tank.  Plus, if you have soft
acidic water, as most SA dwarves prefer, the shells will erode.

Overall, I would say that controlling the availability of some plant nutrient,
most likely phosphorus, would be the easiest way.  I have seen a couple of
products that will adsorb phosphorus, but they haven't been convenient to use
in my current filtering systems.

IDMiamiBob