Re: Tank Size??

At 07:17 PM 2/5/98 -0500, Len/Geo wrote:
>Hi
>
>I planning to add more tanks to the one`s I have in the near furture. .
>I do have fairly limited space. I
>was thinking of using 10 gallon tanks for breeding Apisto. and
>Pelvicachromis instead of 15 gallon tanks. I don`t want to waste any
>space and use as many tanks I can in the area where I be setting up the
>tanks.
>I would like your opinion about using 10 gallon tank instead of 15
>gallon tank.

Hi George,

I would use 10's for a PAIR of breeding Apistos. Once you have fry though I
would suggest larger tanks. As for the Pelvicachromis, I would use the 15's.
I myself use 55 gallon community tanks. I find the Pelv. pulcher (Kribs) do
much better in a tank with a lot of other fish. I have 2 wild pairs. One
pair is in a 55 and the other is lucky enough to be in a 100 gal. community.
I get eggs all the time. It really depends on what you want to do and where
you are planning on putting your tanks.

Kaycy