Re: Tank Size??

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Len/Geo wrote:

> I would like your opinion about using 10 gallon tank instead of 15
> gallon tank.

I've bred P. pulcher (kribs,) P. ramirezi, A. cacatuoides, A. borelli,
A. caetei, and A. mcmasteri in 10 gallon tanks without any problems.
Right now, I am using a mixture of 10, 20, and 30 gallon tanks. I use
the 10s and 20s for breeding and the 30s as grow-out tanks or for larger
species. (I have a nice pair of festivum in a 30 that have spawned 8-9
times for me.) But I've had various apistos raise small numbers of fry to
near-adult size in 10s. All my tanks have gravel and live plants. If you
want to keep more species and you have time to take care of the tanks,
there's no reason why the 10s won't work for you.

Don

Donald Nute
Professor and Head, Department of Philosophy        (706) 542-2823
Director, Artificial Intelligence Center            (706) 542-0358
The University of Georgia                       FAX (706) 542-2839
Athens, Georgia  30602, U.S.A             http://ai.uga.edu/~dnute