Re: Pelvicachromis sacrimontis

WndrKdnomo@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/10/98 6:35:14 AM, rytireefs@juno.com wrote:
>
> <<Pelvicachromis sacrimontis, was formerly known as
> Pelvicachromis sp. aff. pulcher in the Linke and Staeke book.
> Now it is referred to as Pelvicachromis sacrimontis >>
>
> I recently have seen a fish labeled "Yellow Kribensis". Does anyone know
> anything about this fish, and could it be the same as P. sacrimontis?
> As far as I remember, they looked very simular to regular P.pulcher,  except
> for a yellow patch behind the gills.
> Jeff
> WndrKdnomo@aol.com

Pelvicachromis sacrimontis, a.k.a. sp. aff. pulcher (or the "Giant Krib"
to other old geezers like me out there), does have differing color
"morphs"  and a lemon yellow color rather than the strong red does
appear in some specimens. Some localities of the true pulcher have
yellow on the fins and the forward body, but I haven't seen it as
strongly colored as in sacrimontis.

Going way back, again - sorry, the undescribed Nigerian species,
Pelvicachromis sp. aff. subocellatus, sometimes sold as "subocellatus
Lagos", was referred to as the "Yellow Krib", but the recent list that I
saw which included "Yellow Kribensis" was from someone who is familiar
with these Nigerian forms.

										Steve