Re: Re: plant filtration

>Right, those nutty plant people would probably flame us for thinking
>of wasting that valuable light energy and fertilizer on emergent floating
>plants.  :)
One of my favorite plants is water lettuce, Pistia stratiotes.  A floater.
I remove half a cup of salvinia and duck weed every week from all my
tanks.  The water lettuce has a large root system and grows at a nice
pace. It starts little plantlets and can get rather large if you let it.
You should try it for filtering, not near as messy as duck weed.

Tim