Re: Red Apistos -Reply

>> Kathy's second point is interesting. I always considered the male rotpunkt
>> a bit more on the cacatuoides side of the spectrum than macmasteri. The
>> females show strong affinities to the macmasteri group. Great fish though,
>> adaptable to hard/alkaline and very productive.
>
>Hmmm, confusing.  The male "rotpunkt" doesn't have extended
>rays in the dorsal or a lyreate caudal fin like a
>cacatuoides.

Neither does A. nijsseni, A. panduro, you can see a transistion though. But
I don't know much about the biogeography enough to say.
- - Steve

Steven J. Waldron                       phone/fax: (415) 386-7377
2550 Balboa St. #2                      email: swaldron@slip.net
San Francisco, CA, 94121 USA

"Well I woke up in the morning
There's frogs inside my socks"   - Bob Dylan, On the Road Again