Re: thoughts and inputs appreciated

I think there isprobably more than enough floor space for the apistos and the
D. filamentosus, provided you give them plenty of cave structure on the
bottom.  Plants will tend to break up the "turf" into sections, making
territories easier to define.  But the filamentosae will do best in water that
has a TDS of 10ppm or less, and this is very soft for succssful plant tanks.
I think you may find it to be a tough balancing act.  Other than that, I would
think about tossing in some "top water" fish, like hatchets, just to get some
vertical balance in the aesthetics (sp?) of it all.

Bob Dixon