Re: Re: sp. "Opal"?

David wrote:

>Evedently you are  mistaken Mr. Melgar, I know of at least 3 importers
>that ship all their fish to Japan and Europe. In fact they do no
>business in the U.S., they  Import South American fish and then Export
>them over seas.

This is the first time I've heard of such companies. Perhaps you can post=

their names and phone numbers or addresses. I have a few friends in South=

America that would like to add customers to their lists.

>This common misconception has lead many American
>aquarists to Europe in search of Apisto's not realizing they can be
>found in your own backyard!

With very few exceptions, I haven't heard of any importers getting A.
mendezi, A. elizabethae, A. agassizii "Tefe", A. diplotaenia, etc, etc,
etc. Most of the few that do get the more rare dwarves, do so from Europe=
=2E
Very few do so from S.A.

>especialy Apisto's since they
>come in so emanciated and with out color.  =

This is a terrible misconception often brought about by many importers
ordering fish from cheaper exporters. Good exporters, just like good
importers, will not send emaciated fish. Thinner than what we have in our=

tanks? Yes, but nowhere near emaciated. The hard part is sorting through
the good and the bad. =

Julio =