Re: Rick::Shopping in Montreal

Geo/Len wrote:

> > Hi Gary
>
> What are  CITES lists ??
>
> George

CITES is an international list of endangered species. Judging from what
they pulled out that dull night at customs, it's disturbingly large.
To my knowledge, after phoning Canada Customs, it's the only list that
could affect a dwarf cichlid hobbyist bringing fish across the border,
if  my guard got a permament job and thinks your apisto is an endangered
sunfish.
A lot of people on both sides of the border get fish at each other's
club meetings and schlep them back and forth. It's no problem, unless
you get caught hiding them, or unless you try to smuggle by ramming a
whiskey bottle into a ram.
- -Gary