Re: Cross Breeding In Apistos

>Thanks again for all your input. Oh yeah, yall could
>lighten up a little when somebody is trying to learn while they enjoy this
>wonderful hobby. Just a thought!
Tim

I don't think anyone is really trying to jump down your throat on this. It
does look like, from the many responses, the list members are giving THEIR
opinions on the pros and cons of cross-breeding species. It has been very
enlightning to me while reading the many posts for this conversation to see
the different views and inputs. I may not be for cross-breeding but have
been enlightened to some situations where it has enabled the hobby to get
more colorful fish. ie. The color varieties of swordtails, mollies, platies.
These were definitely cross breeds and not just breeding the color variants
that crop up now and then naturally in a batch of fish.

You did do ok by posting your request. What do others think. That is what
the group is for. And stated in another post, not everyone is going to agree
and that is what the makes the world go round.

Kaycy