Re: Cross Breeding In Apistos

JEFF!!
Get a Life already!
Excuse me if I'm a little rude here, but if you are following this thread as
closely as you are flaming it, you would know that the A. sp. "Whittley"
spawned several times before he introduced the other apistos and got an
ACCIDENTAL cross-spawn.  He's offering Whittleys, not half-breeds.

Bob Dixon

In a message dated 5/7/98 12:45:39 PM EST, WndrKdnomo@aol.com writes:

<< Please DON'T distribute these fish!  If I'm correct in assuming these are
the
> fry from the mating of your unknown species  male and macmasteri female,
these
> should NOT be distrbuted!
> As far as indentifying your fish, the offspring would be of little or no use
,
> as they are as much macmasteri as they are "Whittley"  Also, all the fish
are
> of the genus Aistogramma. Species within this genus have been grouped
> according to their relatedness within the genus, thus you would refer to the
> hongsloi group, not the hongsloi genus.
> I'm sorry if your feeling somewhat picked on, but people take their hobby
> seriously, and the actions of a few people can have far reaching impacts.
The
> indiscriminate release of hybrid offspring to the hobby should NOT be done.
> Please reconsider, and if someone offers to take some of the fry, please
> refuse to do so.
> I'm sorry if the tone of this is somewhat strong, but I feel very strongly
> about this issue.
> Jefff
 WndrKdnomo@aol.com

PS and Jeff is spelled with only 2 Fs.