Re: Re: ph Control

The biggest problem I can see with CO2 to control pH for Apistos is that the
amount needed to get low pH values can be toxic to fish.  Standard charts
relating pH, kH, and CO2 will show that you need low kH and fairly high CO2 to
keep the pH in the low sixes.  You  would probably need an electronic
injection system and pH meter in order to avoid wild pH swings and toxic CO2
levels.

That's where having an extra organic buffer like peat would help.  I posted a
question regarding peat buffers and CO2 injection a couple of months ago but
no one answered it.  I wondered how to calculate CO2 concentration in such a
system since the charts are calculated with carbonate buffers only.  Perhaps
one of the chemists could help us here.

Lars