RE: Photographing fish: digital cameras

> You know, it occurs to me we don't need a digital camera EVERY DAY.  I
> wonder if it would be possible to RENT them?

A few months ago I visited Hong Kong and picked up a cheap Casio digital
camera.  It's turned out to be so convenient (and fun!) that I've ended up
using it much more than I would have used my 35mm camera.  I'm amazed by how
my picture-taking habits have changed now that I don't have to rely on film
processing: I no longer worry about wasting exposures (since I can edit out
bad pictures while they're still in the camera) nor about "burning" off
extra exposures just so I can get the first handful of pictures from a roll
that turned out to be too large.  It's similar to the experience I had when
I went from an SLR to an autofocus point-and-click, where the sudden
convenience allowed me to do entirely new things.

So who knows, maybe you don't need a digital camera every day but you might
end up using one more often than you think!

- --Mark