Re: Germans

Doug Brown wrote:

> While the list is kind of quiet maybe someone can tell me why there is such
> a Germanic history behind apisto studies. How did this come to be? Who
> started it? My Smaragds want to know!

Dear Doug,

I understand you mean why so many popular names were erected in German
language for labeling species not identified at first.
I think it was because the first serious books about Apistos have been
published in Germany: Schmettkamp (1982) and Koslowski (1985).
They published photos of many new species to the hobby using popular
names.

Bye