No Subject

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:24:59 -0600
From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
Subject: Re: Ecuador

Ecuador hasn't been extensively collected for apistos.  The only ones I know of
are A. cruzi (Rio Napo) and A. payaminonis (Rio Napo & Aguarico).  This is the
Ecuadorian Amazon; no apistos are known from the west slope of the Andes.  You
also must realize that parts of these areas are claimed by Peru and several
military battles have been fought in this region.

Mike Wise