Re: anchor worms?

To:       apisto@majordomo.pobox.com
cc:
From:     Guillaume Hervieu-1 @ SB_PHARM_RD
Date:     22-Jun-98 02:11:14 PM
Subject:  Re: anchor worms?
Categories:

Joe,
Be careful that your worms may not be as mine. Very specifically,
Camallanus are RED because of the blood that they constantly suck from the
host. So do not use treatment such as levamisole unless having clearly
identified the parasite name and check that leva. is OK for getting rid of
them. Leva is not a gentle product to use by itself and is associated with
a bunch of different toxic effects.
However Cama have spike-like shape.
Are the worms up to 1cm long? with 1 mm in diameter?

I'll have a look in my books when going back home this evening and tell you
more later.

Guillaume.