Re: A. sp. "Breitbinden"

Kathy & I spawned this species last year.  It wasn't a difficult one,
though initially we didn't have a pair: (see
http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/Mystery/ for photos of the fish we initially
bought, along the discussion with some list members over their ID).

Once we got a female (from Randy Carey by way of Dave Soares), they
spawned in something like a week.  Kathy did a small writeup which is
archived at http://www.gsas.org/Articles/1998/breitbinden.html

and I've got photos on the Krib (along with commentary from the list):
http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/A-breitbinden.html

Unfortunately, we lost both parents; first, the female, left with the
kids, died.  THen the male happened to be in one of our disease-plagued
"tanks of death" and got a bacterial infection
(http://www.gsas.org/Articles/1998/death.html) along with every other fish
in the tank.

Now, nearly a year later, we finally sold the fry to the local fish store
YESTERDAY.

  - Erik