Re: bbs and science

> My understanding is, provided the seal on the tin is not broken they will
> stay fresh.  Once opened you must keep the eggs in the fridge with a tight
> sealing lid.
> Helen

Not exactly Helen........a few years ago I got a can of a name brand egg
producer......it was terrible.  I called the manufacturer thinking it
was probably my fault and I really wanted to learn what or how to treat
the eggs.  At room temp even a can (tin) has a "life".......they of
course hesitate to pin it down but unopened at room temp. maybe 8 mo to
a year and a half and the hatch rate will be drastically affected.  If
keept in the refrigerator unopened maybe add another 8 mo. to a year to
the original hatch rate of the can......as soon as you open the tin and
keep it in the refrigerator the new life of the eggs....original hatch
rate.....is good only for 7-9-10 months....after that the hatch rate
even in the 'fridge starts to go down.  The best for storage is in a
freezer unopened.  I buy ohhhh....5-6-7 tins (1 lb) at a time and put
the unopened tins in the freezer.  I've had a tin in the freezer for up
to 1 1/2 years and when opened the hatch rate is virtually what the
original tin was.......promise!  Remember....this method was told to me
by the egg packaging place......this is their suggestion not my
method!!!  It works.  Keep the tins in the freezer till opened and once
opened keep it in the 'fridge and use it up before 7-8-9 months.

Have a good day!

Mike