Re: Nymphs

Jason,
Very recently I encountered this beastie in one of my Killi tanks which is
heavily planted.  I knew I had fry in this tank (Pseudoepiplatys annulatus)
but when I removed the plants, apart from the two pairs of adults there were
no fry.  This is when I discovered the beast.  It was a good inch -and-half,
long body, pincers on face and end of tail.  The answer is Yes they do eat
fry and anything they can get a hold of.  I took it to my aquatic club and
they said it was a Damsel Nymph they can come in your plants or if you are
feeding live foods from say a pond..  My beast was thriving on the brine
shrimp I was feeding my fry and it in turn was eating the fry.  It was so
big I'm sure its next move would have been for my adult Rockets!
Helen