Re: Fed Ex

Alysoun McLaughlin wrote:

> A few months ago, we tried to ship fish via Fed Ex, and the package was
> refused.
>
> This thread confused me, so I called Fed Ex.  I was told that because the
> cargo areas of their airplanes are not pressurized, company policy expressly
> forbids the shipping of live animals, with the exception of lobsters.
>
> Can anyone explain the apparent contradiction between this thread and what I
> was told by Fed Ex?  It sounds suspiciously like a matter of "don't ask,
> don't tell".

Fed Ex in Canada, and UPS, refused the accept fish. I phoned and they
were emphatic - didn't even need to look it up. I checked with friends
who ship, and they'd had the same info. Maybe they're good in the
States, but not internationally.
By the way, for Canadians, one courier company used to charge me customs
fees on products I later learned were duty free. Check these things out
- the mail system never did that to me.
-Gary