Re: Collected Simple Questions

In a message dated 11/4/98 9:35:00 PM, debrown@kodak.com writes:

<<3) Why are African cichlids more popular than apistos?>>

This is really pretty obvious, all you have to do is take a quick look around
a fish store.  You can see the (East) Africans from across the room.  You have
to hunker (is that a word?) right up to the tank to see the Apisto.'s, and
most of the time they don't look like much, in the dealer's tank.  Since most
people go for flash-there you have it.

<<I have just noticed after months that there
are some very tiny little white specks swimming around in a jerky motion.>>

Obviously just a guess from 2000 miles away, but it could be Cyclops (non-
freeze dried, apparently).  They are typically described as moving in "jerky"
fashion.

2) Are there any problems with adding fry from successive spawns to a one
species fry tank? Obviously you have to stop at some point but when?
I might be concerned with the older fry out competing the younger fry for
food.

Jeff