Re: Apistogramma sp. Schwarzsaum

Bill,

As Eric indicated, A. sp. Schwarzsaum (Black-Rimmed) is merely a color form of
the undescribed species A. sp. Rotpunkt (Red-spot). This form was first
introduced by Vierke as A. sp. aff. taeniatum in his book Dwarf Cichlids in 1977.
I know it comes from the Rio Orinoco drainage because I've found them as
contaminants with wild caught Rams. A good beginners apisto, just treat them like
other Rotpunkts.

Mike Wise