Re: Apistogramma sp. Schwarzsaum

Erik Olson wrote:

> Based on that (Uwe Romer is well respected as a professional icthyologist
> in the circles I know, even though he has been known to cavort with some
> of us low-life hobbyists), I can't even begin to speculate what Sven or
> similar-minded folks might do if, say, Apistogramma kolsoni were proposed.
> :)

Sven does 'cavort' (which means what?) with hobbyists. Observations in tanks are
useful in the scientific world as well. My guess is that several of the mis-ID's and

synonyms wouldn't have happened if the fish had been observed in captivity
before the publication.

I think the major upset regarding Römers publication was that it wasn't reviewed
before being published (by a neutral? "jury"). Articles in hobbyist publications
don't undergo critical examination, just a grammar- and spell check. Uwe is very
well
respected in the dwarf-cichlid-society and I think he can't do worse than some
'older' geezers who mis-ID and spread more synonyms than a dictionary, JM2C

Regards
Fredrik L.