Re: Artificially hatching Ram Eggs

Well I'm sorry I got this debate thing going.
One of the reasons I artificially raise the eggs is to insure a large as
possible hatch.  Yes I have males that love to eat eggs and fry.  No I
don't necessarily keep Apistos for the fun of it.   They pay my way to
many fish shows, workshops and conventions.   If I raise just 20 fish
with the parents in the tank as compared to say 70 without the parents.
I'll take the 70.   I do let female fan the eggs until they hatch and
become wigglers.  This is the point when I steal the fry or remove the
parents.   Now my large cichlids that give me 200 plus fry in a batch, I
leave with parents.   Dwarf Cichlids are a different story.   I can
already see the amount of response I'm going to recieve from this, but
that is the way I do things.   When I have 5 tanks full of Apistogramma
Cacatuoides fry already I don't mind leaving the next batch with the
parents, but until then, I steal the fry.