Re: A. sp. Goias

Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> Has anyone seen this fish or know anything about it, other than what's
> mentioned in the December 98 TFH?
>
> Mike Wise

I called Oliver to see what he could add to his column info. It's a fish
reminiscent of eunotus in shape. It has a brilliant red caudal, as in
the photo. It's a red that's stronger than on a sp. Mamore, and which
covers more are of the caudal tham a mcmasteri. The red is not
transparent.

The distribution seems quite restricted to a small area in the basin of
the Araguia. As it's new, beautiful and rare, it's up there in price.
I didn't see it myself, unfortunately. Wish I had, but I can only pass
on Oliver's comments.

-Gary Elson