Re: Tetra Medicated food

>	Mike, are you refering to Tetra Medica? If so, I believe it
>is used for bacterial and fungal infections and the dosage is 7 to 10
>days. Using antibiotics less than the recommended dosage is, IMO, a bad
>idea.
>
>	If you are refering to another med by Tetra, that I'm not
>aware of, that is used for internal parisites, please inform me.
>
>	Michael
>
>--
>Michael Serpa

>From the label:    Tetra Medica-----Medicated Flake Food
    For treatment and prevention of "Parasitic" diseases for onamental fish
only
With stabalized Vitamin C

"Feed for 7-10 days; use no other food. Do not feed continually or fish
will develop immunity."

Thae active ingrediants;
Sulfadimethoxin    0.25%
Trimethoprim        0.05%
Metronidazol         0.80%

Ingrediants:
Fish meal, Torul dried yeast, Shrimp meal, Wheat gluten,  Dehulled soybean
meal, Ground brown rice,  Feeding oat meal,  Dried whey, Soybean oil, Fish
oil, Algae meal, Sorbitol.
 Natural and artificial colors
Ethoxyquin as a preservative

Min crude protein  47%
Min crude fat           7%
Min crude fiber        2%
Max moisture           6%

Michael,
I have used this effectively in the manner I stated for some time on new
imports that are week from shipment and lack of food. I have found, through
use, that the 5 day use and the intermediate feeding of non-medicated food
for 5 days before finishing the last 5 day administration works most
effectively.

On fish that are tank raised and parasitized because of poor husbandry I
will use the 10 day dose.

With the heavy expected infestation when the feces is grey-white and
stringy, I would think,  the use of Metronidazol in a water soluable or
applicable form would be necessary when the fish are through the food based
treatment.

Frequent water changes and adaquate fitration are also required.
MikeD