Re: pH problems

All you need is one piece of limestone in your tank and it will cause the pH
to bounce.  I know.  There was a white stone buried inside a piece of Mopani
wood in my tank.  I could never keep the pH down.  Two days ago I carved it
out of the wood.  It was already loose compared to when I first bought the
wood.  Acid fizzed on it like crazy.  I know it seems ridiculous that one
stupid stone could do this, but the pH has not bounced since, and it would
do exactly what you describe in your letter.

Alex