Re: A. cacatuoides behavior

Mike writes:

> I have a trio and have observed that the male and one female "gang up" on
the
> other female.  Will the other female ever have a chance with the male?  The
> one being harassed is definitely the more attractive of the two.

I have had this problem with a couple of species.  If the second female is
mature enough, and you would prefer to spawn her over the other, move her to a
separate tank.  Feed her well for a couple days, make sure the tank parameters
are right, and introduce the male into "her territory".  He's not fussy.  They
are supposed to be harem spawners, but this "pairing" thing seems to happen
and for me the lesser female will usually end up dead.

Bob Dixon