Re: Apisto sp. aff. Agassizii ID?

Fredrik,

Sorry, I should have answered earlier. The fish you have is one that Marco
Lacerda brought into the hobby in 1997. He called it A. sp. aff. gephyra Red-fin
Rio Xingu. It probably is more closely related to A. pulchra, however. If you
look closely, the lateral band ends in front of a caudal patch. It does not
extend continuously into the tail. It is the only known agassizii-complex fish
with this feature. Marco & I published an article on this fish in the ACA
Buntbarsche Bulletin last autumn.

Mike Wise