rubber caves

Has anyone had any experience with rubber flower pots as caves?  I
have two in a ten gal. miscellaneous apisto tank.  My two apisto in the
tank are missing pieces of fins and am wondering if there is something
toxic leaching from the rubber.  Other fish in the tank include a
bristle nose pleco, and a pair of flagfish (new).  The pleco might be
getting the apistos in the night, but this is only tank in which this
missing fins occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason Miller
Sherwood Park, AB
(780) 464-9635

PS - The pots are about four inches cubed. I have a bunch of small
plastic pots, but I like the way these large, black pots look in the
tank - makes it look mysterious.