Re: long list of problems

I will tackle this one, wish me luck....

At 03:08 AM 3/5/99 +0000, Jay wrote:
> I always thought I had to add something to the RO for Ph, Gh, and Kh.

I wouldn't until I had my RO going and had MEASURED the output.

>Is there anyway to add Kh without affecting the Ph?

You could try a mixture of NaHCO3 and CO2 (H2CO3).

>I would someday like to try to breed my fish, and it seems like the
>hardness and Ph levels play a part in getting them to spawn,

TDS appears to most breeders to be the operative measure.  And RO water
is usually a darned good place to start.   Adding a LITTLE peat helps in
some cases (depending on the water and the fish in question).

> We also have no pressure.

Then conventional RO is out.  You will need to buy one with a pump ($$$).

>I'd  like to hook up a CO2 system.   [big snip]
> Maybe I just needed a better valve.

Yep.  Spend $3-5 on a valve and you will probably be OK, or spend $15 on an
ARO #10 series and you will be OK.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron