Re: R.O. UNIT

> Tsuh Yang from this list suggested one from Kent Marine, but he has no
> experience with it.
> Does anybody has experience with "Kent Marine Full-Size R.O. unit 100
> gallons per day"?
> Or another unit from a different trade?

I've heard a lot of positive things about RO-units from Kent,
seems like a good unit. I'm using an Aqua-Medic since two years
and it's great. I have fairly soft water so I have yet to change
membrane. Even though you probably have very soft water check
out the prices for replacement-membranes. Since you want to
exchange these on a regular basis this is a cost not to forget.

> How should I use the R.O. water? Mixed with normal water? Any
> suggestion?

I mix it with some of the waste water which I have filtered
through peat. I have used 1:3 waste-peat-water/RO-water which
works fine. I haven't had the opportunity to try some of the
really hard species yet (diplotaenia, elizabethae, uaupesi...).
I know that this setup worked fine for A. gephyra, norberti and
cf. pertensis.

Fredrik L.