Re: Fwd: Help me ID Fish, A.hippolytae perhaps?

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> > >  Aside from the hippolytae, we have a colony of what might be eunotus,
> >
> > I would bet it is not eunotus, but A. regani. Look at the abdominal
> > stripes, you can see them more easily in males. Also the caudal fin is
> > not semi-squared shaped in regani, but more rounded.
>
> I agree with Marco, probably A. regani but - A. sp. Gelbwangen (Yellow-cheek),
> perhaps???? Maybe even A. sp. Blauglanz (Blue-sheen)?????

Mike, I definitely came back with at least two to three different species
in the regani/eunotus complexes/groups.   I definitely have fish from one
site that are
regani, another site that are definitely not regani, and then I haven't
studied the other sites yet!!  It isn't the best of circumstances ID ing
fish in a net, plastic tub or tiny photo tank, but I tried.  I am just
dying for the fish lights to come on now so I can peer into the tanks.

Still rocking from the boat and a bad case of jet lag after traveling for
48 hours before we got home to sleep in a bed.  I will keep you updated.

Also have some fish from the Negro I will need help with ID ing.  One has
the prettiest caudal fin I have seen.  we will post pictures when we get
some!

Thanks
Kathy